I have been hiding under my covers these last week couple of weeks, firstly because I am super pregnant, combine that with a massive cold and The Trump having his first week in office… Well there you have it, a classic cocktail for disaster. I just reached 40 weeks of pregnancy, the baby seems more comfortable inside than out, who could blame him? I have the hormone levels of a…. Well, I have the hormon levels of a woman 40 weeks pregnant with a cold that won’t go away…. Tears are a daily happening over here! To top it all off, I decided that this pregnancy around I would add some extra bedazzlement to my degree, so I just started my course in Public Law. I am hoping I will be able to look back at that decision with the mantra “good decision M, perfect timing to do a little bit more!”
In the midst of all this all I want to do is move! It’s the nester in me, nesting mode came a bit later this time around, which has saved me a lot of work to do in week 40… Maybe it’s a good thing this little one wants to stay in the warmth of my belly? We have prepared, as much as possible; he’s got babywear lined up, the new stroller is in-house, the bed is ready… But for some reason me wanting to move – and start a full on renovation project in the start of week 40, is really a thing! Good to know that I have been ripped of all sense of logic. Still I am out there, hunting for future home inspiration, and this amazing apartment up for grabs is the perfect inspiration these days… I am dreaming of a house, but there is so much greatness to take from this one. It is light, airy, modern and cozy – all mixed into one lovely space. Enjoy!
all images via
As winter is coming closer I get this urge to fill our home with fresh flowers. I usually get my bum down to a floral shop, chose some lovely fresh-cut flowers in different shapes and colors, then create my own bouquet when I get back home. But lately we have been battling one day care cold after the other, and if it is not The Bean sneezing it is the pregnant lady – aka me! My immune system is taking more of a beating this time around. When I was baking The Bean I got more rest and had less germs entering my space on a daily basis. This has led to me simply picking up the odd bouquet of roses from the shop around the corner, my instagram holds the proof of this… Guess what, my fresh flower crave is growing at a crazy speed, so this week I am crossing my fingers I will feel fresh enough to pop by the florist! For now, here is some floral favorites of mine, enjoy!
(click images for source)
We are at the end of January, and it feels like the right time for the first Sunday Share of 2016. I am soon heading back to work after my lovely maternity leave, so I’ve spent the last couple of weeks tying up some loose ends. I have a job that demands a lot of travel, to be honest, I am not looking forward to that! So far I’ve only been away from the Bean for one night, and it was not my favorite night… So going back to being gone for three and four nights at a time, not to happy. At the same time, it will be refreshing going back to work, having something different to focus on for a change. And between shifts, I do have seven days of off time, which makes it possible for me to be home mum deluxe.
At the same time we are looking into expanding, not the family just yet, our living arrangements. I am craving a house, desperately! So for now, I will use that as an escape from thinking about going back to work!
Here is a collection of inspiration from my many inspiration roamings. Enjoy! Btw, absolutely recommend the avocado and salmon toast, best breakfast we had all week!
1. Bedroom crush, via 2. The most beautiful home, via 3. Office inspiration, via 4. The ultimate bathroom, via 5. All green home, via 6. Breakfast nook, via 7. Mid-century home in Los Angeles, via 8. I need that tub, so in love, via 9. The shelving in this kitchen, yes please, via
1. All black everything, via 2. Sweater weather cravings, via 3. Thakoon Addition, unknown source 4. Dream bag, via 5. Stacking ring, via 6. The Bronson coat, via 7. Green coat for the win, via 8. How to dress like a New Yorker, via 9. Tan Nike, via
1. Mushroom pasta with goats cheese, via 2. Chocolate chip & pistachio meringue cookies, via 3. Black beans taco with kiwi salsa, via 4. Brown rice, green pea & avocado salad, via 5. Avocado on toast with smoked salmon, via 6. Garlic carrots, via 7. Baked eggs, via 8. Mascarpone soft serve, via 9. Grapefruit pudding, via
1. Old world wedding inspiration, via 2. 06 St. Chad’s place wedding, via 3. Latin American garden wedding inspiration, via 4. Lovely spot for a wedding shoot, via 5. Venue crush, via 6. Industrial warehouse wedding, via 7. The cake, via 8. The red gown, via 9. Bohemian wedding inspiration, via
1. Tipi crush! via 2. The mocs, the colours, in love! via 3. House of Jamie, via 4. Romper dreams for summer, via 5. Future Bean room inspiration, via 6. One for me, one for the H and one for the Bean, via 7. Ferm Living makes the most amazing bedding, via 8. Need all of this for the Bean, unknown source 9. More Ferm for the go, via
The work in progress is still our home, but we are moving forward at a greater pace than before. Last weekend we got to it and sorted out some needed home fixes. We finally got our guest bedroom a bed (preparing for guests, especially having a bed for out-of-town family when the baby bean arrives), we got storage for hallway, living room, bathroom and a dresser for the baby bean (time to sort out all those baby bits) and we finally got some drapes up in the living area…
We are doing our best to use our time before the baby bean arrives wisely, I want as much as possible done before he starts being a part of our daily life… So this weekend we are figuring out a color for our kitchen we are clearing out one of our spare rooms which will become our at home office space and last but not least I am starting my minimalist approach to my wardrobe (or we both are)
I have decided to make my wardrobe minimalist, simply because I am in organize my life mode – and I would love to clear out my wardrobe and start fresh. To me it is more about zoning my wardrobe in, just to know what I have and knowing that what I have fits together. I want to minimize time spent trying to figure out what to wear and what to put together, and not to forget knowing what I actually need when I decide to add things to the mix. Can’t wait to get my hands on this! My love for neutrals will get free range…
Here is some inspiration I’ve gathered for my future minimalist wardrobe… Simplicity; come my way!
I’ve almost spent two weeks down with a killer cold, finally I’m starting to get back to normal… All I can think of is how much I want to fill our home with some fresh flowers. To be honest I’m craving anything fresh… So here is some lovely flower inspiration, to get my floral juices flowing before the weekend hits.
Can’t wait to fill the home with some new fresh florals!
Sunday is for sharing right?
Here is a collection of my finds this week, enjoy!
1. A lovely wall gallery, via 2. How to create scented candles for the home, via 3. Great little corner, via 4. A lovely breakfast spread, via 5. Crazy kitchen craving, via 6. Great flower inspiration, via 7. Storage inspiration galore, and it looks nice, via 8. Loving the EIKON light collection, via 9. This Parisian apartment, via
1. Sandwich time, via 2. I want to learn how to make cake, via 3. Cauliflower salad, via 4. Dinner party, via 5. Vanilla yoghurt pancakes, via 6. Get soupy, via 7. Tempted by blackberries, via 8. Chicken, via 9. Lemon ricotta pancakes, making these for a weekend breakfast, via
1. Lovely New Mexico barn wedding, via 2. Great signature drink, the Moscow Mule, via 3. Great chair decoration, unknown source 4. DIY copper flatware, great for weddings, via 5. Lovely dress, via 6. Doing this, great for the maids, via 7. In love with this backdrop, via 8. Wedding cake inspiration, via 9. This image, via
1. Need to create a great space for baby clothes, via 2. Cutest cuddle photo, via 3. Lovely animal rugs for the baby bean, maybe a future DIY, via 4. A rocking sheep is on the crave list, via 5. The dear ones, via 6. Great photo, via 7. Cute pillow for any nursery, via 8. Need a baby blanket like this, via 9. Great toy storage, via
We are leaving in just three days, and for the first time ever I have most of my luggage packed already… I decided to not end up like usual, packing the night before an early flight – stressing and making a mess – for once I aiming at being organized! And it is working pretty well I think, new packing routine from now on – no doubt about it.
Packing three/four days ahead of time also opens the door to realizing what items I wish I had… Like the topic for this post, the weekend bag. It wouldn’t be fitting for this trip of course, a week away from home does not fit in a weekend bag… At least not in my case. I really want that in between bag, the perfect size for a weekend away… Maybe I’ll find a perfect one in Berlin, but for now, here is some inspiration.