A small collection of greatness from my recent inspiration hunts is coming your way.
1. Johanna Bradford´s beautiful home, via 2. Beauty in the bedroom, via 3. Artist apartment, via 4. Lamp crush, via 5. Kitchen details, via 6. Copenhagen classics, via 7. Outdoor nap area, if only we had sun, via 8. Sit down, via 9. Amazing home tour, via
1. This is what I call a great statement coat, via 2. One in every color please, via 3. The must have shirt dress, via 4. I would wear this as my wedding dress, easily, via 5. I am in love with these sneakers, via 6. Grey on grey, via 7. Go floral, via 8. The midi wrap skirt, via 9. The fringe, via
1. Tomato toast, via 2. Fig salad, via 3. Melon and cucumber mint salad, via 4. Poached ginger pears, via 5. Carrots with black garlic and herb yoghurt, via 6. Broad bean salad, via 7. Ricotta and banana toasts, via 8. The Papi Chulo sauce, via 9. Salad dreams, via
1. The perfect gown shot, via 2. Venue goals, via 3. This shot, via 4. The gown, via 5. Floral cake inspiration, via 6. Seattle greenhouse wedding, via 7. Urban florals, via 8. Mountain bridals, via 9. The backdrop, via
1. Blanket from WittsEndDesign, via 2. Tell Kiddo nursery, via 3. Tiny Cottons, via 4. How amazing is this? via 5. Future shelf situation for the Beans room, via 6. ZARA greatness, via 7. The Bean would absolutely love this wooden bunny plate, via 8. Rylee + Cru lookbook, via 9. Wooden lego, via
December is here, and for the first time I am feeling the true urge to throw some holiday decorations around the place. I am blaming the Bean for this urge, it’s his first Christmas and I feel like I want to fill it with some sort of holiday greatness. We’ve also decided to host a small New Years dinner, which is another first for me and the H, so suddenly the holidays has This far all I’ve managed to bring into our home is a tree, throw some decorations on it and call it quits… This is what that project ended up looking like:
The Bean was pleased with the result and celebrated by throwing the decorations around the living room. Still I feel like I am in need of some holiday inspiration, so I turned to my favorite source of inspiration, the visual kind.
Hello Sunday! Finally gonna share one of my beloved Sunday Sharing posts with you. This weekend has mostly been spent working on the kitchen and cuddling the Baby Bean. We’ve gotten the black paint for the wall, the counter top and the sink are in place, we’ve sanded all of the cabinet doors… We’re slowly moving forward. We’ve also managed to spend some time in the city this weekend, which was a lovely break from thinking kitchen, kitchen and some more kitchen. The Baby Bean thoroughly enjoyed the city, especially looking at all the people passing by, listening to all the chatter… All in all, a great weekend.
Over to the visual input, here is a collection of some of my resent favorites from my inspiration hunts. Enjoy!
1. The second house, via 2. A new build London flat with an old charm, via 3. Swedish summer house, via 4. Great collection of favorites, via 5. Tine K Home SS15, via 6. Gorgeous design hotel, via 7. Kitchen nook makeover, via 8. Amazing Italian home, via 9. Compact living, via
1. On the street after Dolce Gabbana Milan, via 2. 16 fresh ways to wear a denim skirt, via 3. Outfit inspiration, via 4. Co Resort, via 5. I need that skirt, perfect for summer, via 6. Rag and Bone Resort, via 7. How to look cooler, via 8. Sneaker bliss, via 9. Black on black, via
1. Slow-cooked beef ragu pasta, via 2. Skillet brownies, via 3. Lemon grass aubergine curry, via 4. Roasted squash and bitter greens salad, via 5. Lunch time, via 6. Green smoothie bowl, via 7. Apricot curd lemon basil meringues, via 8. Popsicle via 9. Raw lemon cake, via
1. Fpeverafter bridal collection, via 2. Pom veil, via 3. Kate Spade meets Key West wedding inspo, via 4. Intimate fall Colorado wedding, via 5. Gorgeous wedding shot, via 6. North Carolina farm wedding, via 7. The money shots for 2015 weddings, via 8. Truvelle, via 9. Peach and gold wedding ideas, via
1. Such a lovely space filled with great details, via 2. Otis flat on belly, via 3. Great play area, via 4. How to get housework done with a newborn baby, via 5. Need this cool cat look for the Bean, via 6. Neutral grey nursery, via 7. In love with this one, via 8. Future Bean bedroom inspiration, via 9. Garden romper, via
At least my kinda holiday inspiration… I am not going to share any decorations with you this year, I am keeping it simple and close to non-existent, this is basically because we are heading to Berlin for Christmas. When we get back from Berlin we are heading to my parents for a low-key New Years Eve as well. I am growing a human, so the idea of a big party in the middle of the city just doesn’t tempt me as much as it would if I wasn’t harboring the pea. I am keeping up to par on heating up the house with firewood and lighting candles all around the place though, I am even considering some lights for the outside of the apartment, just to keep up with the neighbors.
Well, anyhow, here is a collection of inspiration reflecting my kinda holiday! Enjoy…
This week has been spent trying to cram in as much birthday celebration as possible for the H, so little time has been spent at home… At the same time as we’ve been having too much fun we’ve realized we’ve put apartment fixing on the shelf for quite some time… And now it’s time to get back on it, we want to be at least 85 percent finished by Christmas, so that when the new year starts the only thing we have left is minor details in the guest room and the fixing of our future work space outside our apartment.
Love the storage system they’ve got here, what I am missing the most these days is enough storage around the house, via
Another great storage solution, utilizing the entire wall. Our hallway still has a lot of work needed – especially in the storage department, keeping this as inspiration, via
Craving the ceiling lamp! Need some great lamps around the house. via
Dining inspiration, via
On the to get list is laundry bags from House Doctor, no doubt about it, via
Hexagon cutting boards, plants I could keep alive and marble, what’s not to like? via
Different shades of grey, my go to color! via
That color, via
Kitchen inspiration for when that comes along as a project, quite happy that’s not high priority… via
I want two of these for our bedroom, one for me and one for the H, via
In love with these butterfly chairs, don’t know where I’d fit them in – but I would make it work… via
Another one just for color inspiration, unknown source
Another great bedside lamp option, unknown source
That hexagon mirror, where do I get a hold of that? via
Love the tiles, via
If I can’t find any bedside tables I like, maybe I’ll opt for this DIY, via
That’s it for today, now we’ll relax with some old school disaster films! Hurrah hurrah!
My favorite piece of furniture at the moment are our gorgeous white metal shelves that we’ve put up in the dining room.
I love how shelves is the place for a perfect match between pure display and pure organizing. Maybe my craving for shelving comes from the fact that I grew up in a home filled with bookshelves from floor to ceiling, books in every room of the house… I wouldn’t have had it any other way to be honest, I always had an abundance of books around me – everything from encyclopedias to Shakespeare… The shelves also contained my dads extensive music collection, so I had the pleasure of combining endless choices in books with the endless choices in music. I want that where ever I live, access to books, music and the other stuff I love… All around my home. At the same time I am a fan of displaying and organizing items, so for me shelving all over the place is more a natural need…
I’ve gathered up some shelves for inspiration – so shelves for days, coming right up!
My dream wall – shelves from one end to the other! Project for the future I think, via
We are considering a display cabinet for our livingroom, but this is quite tempting as well – mostly because of the space it clears up for hanging art on the wall, via
Great use of space, via
This reminds me, I really want a globe! That white one seems pretty perfect, guess what – it’s DIY – almost manageable, via
Can’t wait to fill my shelves, I’m working on it – hopefully I’ll get to that perfectly happy spot soon!
Tomorrow we are heading off to yet another viewing – and this time I have a bit of a suspicion this will give me a “I want to live here” feeling – or at least I hope it will… So in the name of home hunting here is one huge inspiration rant devoted to interiors giving me ideas for our new home.
There is simply something about the color combinations that really gets me going in this one, especially the pale blue walls, via
A lovely dressing area wouldn’t be wrong… Not at all! via
I want that cabinet, stat! via
I’ve always loved this MALM dresser from IKEA, I regret leaving the one I had in Oslo when I moved – it’s been a year and I still miss it. So definitely getting another one or maybe two when we get into a new space, and I feel pretty inspired by this idea of just adding some leather to the mix. via
I am always a sucker for anything built-in – like these built-in shelves – bring it on! via
I adore this shower – not only the piping and the amazing shower head, the contrast color in the built-in shelf is also a big plus. Definitely keeping this for inspiration if we have to redo a bathroom in the near future. via
Absolutely loving the color of this kitchen, a perfect hue don’t you think? via
Another IKEA dresser gone DIY wonderful, via
This bedroom just has that perfect feel of comfort and relaxation to it, both images via
That brick wall! via
I love this deck chair, works perfectly outdoors for long summer days and inside with a cozy blanket for those cold winter nights… Sold! via
This bedding, and those stools at the end of the bed, yes please… via
The perfectly cozy kitchen! I just want a kitchen big enough for my stuff… via
Does anyone know where I can get a hold of those chairs? Crave it! via
A perfectly tiny dining nook – I am prepared to live with no space (city living is spaceless living to me), via
That’s it for tonight…