I have been hiding under my covers these last week couple of weeks, firstly because I am super pregnant, combine that with a massive cold and The Trump having his first week in office… Well there you have it, a classic cocktail for disaster. I just reached 40 weeks of pregnancy, the baby seems more comfortable inside than out, who could blame him? I have the hormone levels of a…. Well, I have the hormon levels of a woman 40 weeks pregnant with a cold that won’t go away…. Tears are a daily happening over here! To top it all off, I decided that this pregnancy around I would add some extra bedazzlement to my degree, so I just started my course in Public Law. I am hoping I will be able to look back at that decision with the mantra “good decision M, perfect timing to do a little bit more!”
In the midst of all this all I want to do is move! It’s the nester in me, nesting mode came a bit later this time around, which has saved me a lot of work to do in week 40… Maybe it’s a good thing this little one wants to stay in the warmth of my belly? We have prepared, as much as possible; he’s got babywear lined up, the new stroller is in-house, the bed is ready… But for some reason me wanting to move – and start a full on renovation project in the start of week 40, is really a thing! Good to know that I have been ripped of all sense of logic. Still I am out there, hunting for future home inspiration, and this amazing apartment up for grabs is the perfect inspiration these days… I am dreaming of a house, but there is so much greatness to take from this one. It is light, airy, modern and cozy – all mixed into one lovely space. Enjoy!
all images via
First share of 2017! I’ve been spending the first weeks of this new year trying to slow everything down! We’ve gotten to week 38 of the pregnancy, so mini 2 can arrive any day now… So not much is happening around here in general, we are stocking up on necessities, this time around I want to have a hospital bag ready for when I go into labour, getting a stroller in the house that will end up fitting both the Bean and Mini 2 (we ended up with the Bugaboo Donkey Weekender – already over the moon with this one), and washing all the old and new baby wear for Mini 2. Still, in my hours of rest, I have found some time to get inspired, and here is some of the bounty. Enjoy!
1. Future home seating dreams, via 2. The knife rack, via 3. A lovely beach side home, via 4. Danish home, via 5. Current blanket dreams, via 6. The perfect vintage wardrobe, via 7. Black, white and wood – lush place to flush, via 8. Perfectly minimalistic dining space, via 9. Love the height of the kitchen cabinets, giving a bit more display space for bringing in some fresh greens or displaying some of your kitchen favorites… Not everything has to be hidden in the kitchen! via
1. Polka dot perfection, via 2. 2017 make-up trends, via 3. Yes please – need this set, via 4. Navy monochrome, via 5. The metallic skirt, via 6. Tome shirt dress, via 7. The perfect striped trousers, via 8. The Dries Van Noten velvet slip-on, via 9. Is pink the new black? via
1. Vegetarian Pho, via 2. Sweet potato noodles with fried chickpeas, via 3. Japanese inspired avocado toast, via 4. Winter chopped salad, via 5. Blush gimlet – for when I can enjoy a cocktail once again, via 6. Thai noodle salad, via 7. Grilled peach and sweet potato salad, via 8. Roasted cauliflower and kale soup, via 9. Lemony linguine with zucchini, via
1. Iceland wedding, bride in a green skirt, via 2. Pastel botanical bridal inspiration shoot, via 3. Sequined wedding gowns, via 4. The confetti moment, via 5. Destination wedding suite, via 6. The fringe wedding dress, via 7. The golden wedding cake, via 8. DIY desert wedding, via 9. Laura + David, via
1. Some wool for my winter babies, via 2. The swing situation, via 3. Wall hooks for mini spaces, via 4. Just got this stroller situation set up, ready to wander the streets with two little ones on board, via 5. Absolutely in love with this bedding situation, via 6. This moses basket situation, via 7. On the top of my to get list right now, the Done by Deer baby nest, via 8. I wouldn’t mind a little bit of this before Mini 2 arrives, via 9. Baby dinner ware, via
One of the things I have to get sorted when the new year hits is a decent workspace at home. I do spend a lot of time editing photos in the evenings, and in January I am starting an online course in Public Law. I have never tried the online study thing, but I have decided to add some sprinkles to my resume while I am having my maternity leave this time around. The course I am doing only runs for one semester, so hopefully I will find the time to do my studying when the Bean is in daycare. I´ve been spending some time hunting the internet for some ideas for my future workspace, and I have narrowed it down to a list of top five office trends/goods I want to try to incorporate into my own space.
THE PEG BOARD
THE FRESH GREENS
THE WIRE MESH
THE WHITE DESK
THE LEATHER CHAIR
(click images for source)
I love the color choices in this space. The perfect combination of bright, white space with a touch of deep teal, deep blue and muted greens… Combined with vintage pieces, marble and woods – this is the perfect future home inspiration. Another detail I love is the Eljo Renova outlets and switches – future home crave… Enjoy!
all images via
We are in the midst of changing up things at home. In 2017 this family of 3 will become a family of 4, joyful, but it has put some urgency on redoing the layout of our flat. We need an extra bedroom, and we need it asap. This means our living room will turn into a smaller space, which leads to us having to rethink our furniture choices. Especially when it comes to the sofa. Right now we´ve got our hearts set on the Söderhamn sofa by Ikea.
It ticks all the right boxes for now… #1 it looks rather handsome, which is always a good criteria to check off the list. #2 it is super easy to customize to fit into any space. We have a bit of an awkward space to fit this sofa into, so my dream of an enormous Mags Sofa has to go back into its box till a future move. Right now we need a sofa that can fit into a small space, yet be cozy and feel roomy. #3 all the practicalities, durable fabrics, and the fact that we can stock up on covers… Multiple covers means easy to change style, but also having a back-up cover at hand if the kids decide to go all out Rambo on the sofa.
(click images for source)
If it be a whole room, a single wall or down to the details – I love a home with a touch of green. I my self haven´t gone all out with the green, but I must say I´ve been tempted once in a while. I just don´t have the balls for it, to be honest. The green around here is mainly down to plants and maybe the odd pillow or two…
Maybe it´s the rainy weather around here, but lately I´ve felt myself more and more drawn to colorful spaces. So here are some of my favorites so far, from green half walls to green linens and couches. Enjoy!
(click images for source)